American Foursquare House Plans - Off Topic - DIY Chatroom Home Improvement Forum

Go Back   DIY Chatroom Home Improvement Forum > The Break Room > Off Topic

CLICK HERE AND JOIN OUR COMMUNITY TODAY...IT'S FREE!

Old 08-02-2012, 12:45 AM   #1

Rewards Points: 10

American Foursquare House Plans

Can anyone please tell me where I can find Foursquare house plans. Either plans inspired by the American Foursquare design, or copies of old plans.

Thanks.

Advertisement

stevenmw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2012, 11:31 AM   #2

Rewards Points: 632

Google is your friend, Try it.

Advertisement

joecaption is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2012, 09:28 PM   #3
Too Short? Cut it Again!

Rewards Points: 2,000

If there is one near you you like? You might see if the library archivist has the drawings or photos on file. I worked on antique homes and sometimes got lucky and found copies of the original drawings someone had been careful enough to donate. Some architectural preservation associations keep old drawings.

If you just want basic floorplans, layouts and general construction details there are numerous books out there. Have your librarian help you search. They are even more your friend than Google!
user1007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2012, 12:34 AM   #4

Rewards Points: 10

i did Google it. That's why I am asking here. All I found on Google were some pictures, and a couple different floor plans. But the plans always lacked one of the floors.
stevenmw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2012, 01:21 AM   #5

Rewards Points: 500

American foursquare house plans

http://antiquehomestyle.com/styles/foursquare-index.htm
Evstarr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2012, 05:49 AM   #6
Too Short? Cut it Again!

Rewards Points: 2,000

Where are you located? You might want to update your profile with basic information about location. It can help with questions. Your question intrigues me and I might see if I can find a repository of drawings near you. But I need to know where you are. I suppose it does not matter. You could always order copies from the Chicago Public Library if I find something.

Meanwhile, try a Google search again for American Foursquare Plans but in IMAGES. Quite a few plans, including complete working drawings for sale popped up. You might also search the library index for Sears homes. I believe the American Foursquare was quite popular as a kit.

Finally, try a DuckDuckGoog (spelled just that way) search. It is a relatively new hybrid search engine that combines the features of Google and DuckDuckGo. It enables local listings which is nice.

Advertisement

Last edited by user1007; 08-04-2012 at 05:57 AM.
user1007 is offline   Reply With Quote