25 Things My Mother Taught Me
25 Things My Mother Taught Me --
1. My mother taught me to APPRECIATE A JOB WELL DONE.
"If you're going to kill each other, do it outside. I just finished cleaning.
2. My mother taught me RELIGION.
"You better pray that will come out of the carpet."
3. My mother taught me about TIME TRAVEL.
"If you don't straighten up, I'm going to knock you into the middle of next week."
4. My mother taught me LOGIC.
"Because I said so, that's why."
5. My mother taught me MORE LOGIC.
"If you fall out of that swing and break your neck, you're not going to the store with me."
6. My mother taught me FORESIGHT.
"Make sure you wear clean underwear, in case you're in an accident."
7. My mother taught me IRONY.
"Keep crying and I'll give you something to cry about."
8. My mother taught me about the science of OSMOSIS.
"Shut your mouth and eat your supper."
9. My mother taught me about CONTORTIONISM.
"Will you look at that dirt on the back of your neck!"
10. My mother taught me about STAMINA.
"You'll sit there until all that spinach is gone."
11. My mother taught me about WEATHER.
"This room of yours looks like a tornado went through it."
12. My mother taught me about HYPOCRISY.
"If I told you once, I've told you a million times. Don't exaggerate!"
13. My mother taught me about the CIRCLE OF LIFE.
"I brought you into this world, I can take you back out."
14. My mother taught me about BEHAVIOR MODIFICATION.
"Stop acting like a two-year-old!"
15. My mother taught me about ENVY.
"There are millions of less fortunate children in this world who don't have wonderful parents like you do."
16. My mother taught me about ANTICIPATION.
"Just wait until we get home."
17. My mother taught me about RECEIVING.
"You are going to get it when we get home!"
18. My mother taught me about MEDICAL SCIENCE.
"If you keep crossing your eyes, they'll stay that way."
19. My mother taught me about ESP.
"If you think for one minute you're bringing that dog in here mr., you're wrong."
20. My mother taught me about HUMOR.
"When that lawn mower cuts your foot off, don't come running to me."
21. My mother taught me HOW TO BECOME AN ADULT.
"Eat your vegetables so you'll grow up to be big and strong some day."
22. My mother taught me about GENETICS.
"Some day you'll be tall, just like your father."
23. My mother taught me about my ROOTS.
"An 'F' on your report card? You get that from your father's side of the family."
24. My mother taught me about WISDOM.
"When you get to be my age, you'll understand."
25. My mother taught me about JUSTICE.
"One day you'll have kids, and I hope they turn out just like you!"
Had to call my mom and read her this one. See agreed, direct quotes.
My mother have said these things many of times.:thumbup:
You must be the twin that I was told about as our birth date is the same to boot. :no:
I know a few people who have the same birthdate, or within a day or two.
Another one my mom would say if all 7 of us were giving her a hard time was: "You're gonna drive me to drink!" ...:laughing: We've talked about how saying some of those quotes these days could land a mother in jail...LOL:yes:.
I use to say #25 to my youngest daughter all the time. It worked!!! :thumbup:
I can't even count the number of times I heard #25!
Well, I did have a kid who turned out a lot like me. He's 24, and a 3rd year electrical apprentice. Works for the same company I do. He'll very likely be one of those guys who's running work while he's still an apprentice.
I'm VERY proud of him!
P.S. My mom and dad and I laugh about #25 a lot!
|All times are GMT -5. The time now is 11:58 AM.|
vBulletin Security provided by vBSecurity v2.2.2 (Pro) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2016 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.
User Alert System provided by Advanced User Tagging (Pro) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2016 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.