Go Back   DIY Chatroom Home Improvement Forum > Community > Introductions

CLICK HERE AND JOIN OUR COMMUNITY TODAY...IT'S FREE!

Old 08-05-2009, 09:25 PM   #1
Wantabe home repairman

Rewards Points: 10

Venturing into home repair

Would like to say hello and ask a few starter questions. I have been married to the same wonderful woman for twelve years, and all has been great except for the fact that she seems to think that one should heir a handy man to do everything around the house. I of course like working on the home, repairing and fixing things as I go along. Of course I would like to start out small and work my way up to a point where I can build a home from scratch. As a starter I bought a gallon of Sears Weather beater paint and painted the front of my home and the garage. Next I need to repaint a part of the garage that faces my neighbor.

Here is my question: If I can paint my home, what is just a little bit harder than painting, enough to be a challenge but not to hard that I am bighting off more than I could possible chew.

jbcohen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2009, 12:23 AM   #2

Quote:
Originally Posted by jbcohen View Post
Would like to say hello and ask a few starter questions. I have been married to the same wonderful woman for twelve years, and all has been great except for the fact that she seems to think that one should heir a handy man to do everything around the house. I of course like working on the home, repairing and fixing things as I go along. Of course I would like to start out small and work my way up to a point where I can build a home from scratch. As a starter I bought a gallon of Sears Weather beater paint and painted the front of my home and the garage. Next I need to repaint a part of the garage that faces my neighbor.

Here is my question: If I can paint my home, what is just a little bit harder than painting, enough to be a challenge but not to hard that I am bighting off more than I could possible chew.
If any of your trim is rotting/weather beaten, replacing it is a great learning project. Simple and you can't mess it up too badly.

campos202 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2009, 06:16 AM   #3
Lic. Builder/GC/Remodeler

Rewards Points: 2,000

Quote:
Originally Posted by jbcohen View Post
....Here is my question: If I can paint my home, what is just a little bit harder than painting, enough to be a challenge but not to hard that I am bighting off more than I could possible chew.
Hello and Welcome to the site.

This area is really for posting background information on yourself. To get answers for specific DIY questions, you should post them in a specific area.

In this case, your question is related to "Painting".

Try posting your painting question here: http://www.diychatroom.com/f4/
AtlanticWBConst. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2009, 06:51 AM   #4
Wantabe home repairman

Fortunately after painting the trim it looks pretty darn good. I would be very suprised if the trim had been painted within the previous fourty years. My question at hand is a tad more general then limited to painting - What common household repair job is a little bit more complicated then paiting, but still pretty simple that I could try next, not limited to paitining.
jbcohen is offline   Reply With Quote