Thanks From A Lurker - Introductions - DIY Chatroom Home Improvement Forum

Go Back   DIY Chatroom Home Improvement Forum > Community > Introductions

CLICK HERE AND JOIN OUR COMMUNITY TODAY...IT'S FREE!

Old 02-13-2013, 09:02 AM   #1

Rewards Points: 10

Thanks from a lurker

Having lurked here for a few months already, I wanted to thank you all for your contributions: posts, project updates, helpful links. They have been - and will continue to be - invaluable in understanding my (first) new home.

My experience being thus far limited to refinishing second-hand furniture and painting (none of which were accomplished exceptionally well, might I add), there is much to learn.

The Subject is a modest 1960s rancher in Rural PA. As I understand it, it was probably never anything fancy (builder's edition), was neglected and abused by owner n-2, and somewhat restored by the valiant efforts of DIY owner n-1. Really - they were, only said DIY ventures may have lacked forethought, follow-through, and in some cases common sense (ask me about the bathtub closet!).

So here I am, owner n, with an aesthetically, functionally, and in parts structurally challenged house. With this resource and others, I hope to do things right and have the wisdom to know when it's time to hire a pro... and hopefully do it all in a way that respects the house's character.

Being fairly eager to insulate our attic, I already have some members to thank for now knowing a) what the staining on the existing batts means and what to do about it and b) that the present ventilation will not suffice. You know who you are - thanks! It will be a fairly ambitious/multi-step venture so I am fairly certain I will submit my project outline for your approval before doing something foolish...

Also, just for PaliBob , please refer to my location on the left. And here's a picture of faux paneling overlaid on top of "real" paneling. Least of my worries right now, but it should give you an idea of what we're up against.

Advertisement

Izaura is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2013, 07:36 PM   #2
DIY staff

Rewards Points: 3,182

Thanks from a lurker

Welcome and join right in---looks like you have plenty of projects ahead!---Mike-----

Advertisement

Old 02-14-2013, 07:09 AM   #3
Tool Geek

Rewards Points: 2,068

Thanks from a lurker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Izaura View Post
.........Also, just for PaliBob , please refer to my location on the left.......
Thanks Iz, and thanks for posting the pic
PaliBob is offline   Reply With Quote