Go Back   DIY Chatroom Home Improvement Forum > Community > Introductions

CLICK HERE AND JOIN OUR COMMUNITY TODAY...IT'S FREE!

Old 08-16-2011, 11:10 AM   #1

Rewards Points: 10
Smile

Smile and say Hi!

Good morning all.

I've joined the site, after reading many times the very useful information it contains.

My name is Robert and I am located in the Great Lakes area of Northern Ontario, Canada; average snow fall 4' and rising, and to be honest, Chicago is much to hot for me.

I'd learn to love the dry, white, crispy Canadian snow and the harsh winters as our temperature ranges from five or six days at the time, seating at home watching the window 45 Celsius below zero to scorching 30 Celsius above zero for two days in July or August.

I'm familiar with the building sciences and property management.

I apply the proactive management, but don't fix what is not broken.

I value the qualified workmanship and I like to listen to people who can talk about their experience.

I do not have much experience to transmit, but if you are planning on owning a large property or many properties spread over many areas, it would be ideal for you to spend some time and take few courser at your local arts and trades college. Get familiar with the building sciences, strategic financial management, the rental rules and regulations and your responsibilities. You should assume this is a must if you expect to make a living out of your properties.

Taxes, utilities and insurance will kill you before the tradesman can get to you.

Every month put some money aside for the roof, you will need it repaired one day or another.

Have fun and listen to people about their life experience, there is a lot to learn there.

Don't be afraid to volunteer a smile with a free advise. You'll realize that honey will bring you more flies than vinegar!

Never start a project if you are not certain of completing it in the proper way, not with a manicured looking, but safe and sound.

Never start a project without the local Building Permit and when in search of help, rely in the local Building Department they are there to help you out.

And now, let's see if I can find someone that can take the burning potatoes of the oven for me!

Robert
<supperman>

Last edited by supperman; 08-16-2011 at 11:16 AM.
supperman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2011, 07:01 PM   #2

Rewards Points: 2,000

Smile and say Hi!

Welcome to the Site !

Scuba_Dave is offline   Reply With Quote