DIY Home Improvement Forum banner

Running water sound in the wall?

3K views 2 replies 3 participants last post by  Red Squirrel 
#1 · (Edited)
Greetings All,
A few days ago I noticed the sound of running water and of course I tracked down where it is coming from. Earlier in 2010 we replaced our hot water heater at least 15 years old which was one of the largest furnaces that can be placed in house, with a smaller one which come from a 5 BD house to our 3 BD house. I am giving you a little synopsis here. We are a family of 5 people in a 3BD house and were given a smaller furnace (barely used from a neighbor that sadly lost her home. She was 1 person living in 5 BD house. No problems have occurred until I heard the sound of running water behind the wall of where the Hot water heater/furnace is (located in out garage). In addition to the running water sound, the cement floor in front of the furnace is warm also as you enter the house from the garage is a very small walk-way entering our small laundry room and there is a wall that is adjacent to the furnace's wall and inside th house on the other side of the wall directly behind the wall of where the furnace is located is our dining room and the floor is is warm under a stone tile floor of the dining room as well as the small entry laundry (linoleum floor)is warm as well as the garage (cement floor) is warm too. Obviously there is a possible leak going on but, I would rather that be something I should get an opinion on. Anyways the
sound of water is ongoing for nearly 5-6 days. Could you please kindly share what you think may be going on. I appreciate your time in advance.

Sincerely, Crystal :)

See less See more
#2 ·
. Anyways the
sound of water is ongoing for nearly 5-6 days. Could you please kindly share what you think may be going on. I appreciate your time in advance.

Sincerely, Crystal :)
Crystal,5 or 6 days?!?..you should have called someone the first time you heard it.Water damage can be very extensive.It sounds like your hot water heater has sprung a leak,at the very least go shut off the water and electric to the water heater to stop the leak.
This is urgent.Get it fixed right away.

Have you sourced out the leak yet? can you determine if it is indeed the WH?

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.