Go Back   DIY Chatroom Home Improvement Forum > Community > Introductions

CLICK HERE AND JOIN OUR COMMUNITY TODAY...IT'S FREE!

Old 04-10-2010, 08:41 PM   #1

Share |

Remodeling a converted carport

Hi everyone. I have many, many questions to ask some of you seasoned carpenters and builders. My husband and I bought our home some 12 years ago. We have recently decided to remodel a room that was converted from a carport into a living room. I have some pictures and will post them in the correct forum after I tell you a little more about myself and my husband. My husband and I have been married for almost 12 years. I am 50, he is 38. We have seven more years to pay on our home and it will be ours. Thank goodness. My husband works at a distribution center and I work at a convenience store. I have a grown daughter and my husband has a daughter that will be 18 in September. We like our little home, but there is much that needs to be done in the way of updating things in it. So, with that said, I hope to gain some much needed advice and support from some of the more seasoned members here. Thanks for having me.

I suppose I should have added that I think now we may have bitten off more than we can chew. When you see the pictures, you will understand why. Sorry about that, I have had a very long day. We are remodeling a carport that was converted into a living room.

Last edited by scarymary; 04-10-2010 at 09:05 PM.
scarymary is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2010, 08:12 AM   #2

Just wanted to let everyone know I am located in the beautiful state of Tennessee. I was born and raised in this state, and it will always be home to me. It appears I also let out some significant details about my home. It is the common ranch variety style home of the late 60s, early 70s. I am about to post pictures of the project my husband and I are working on if I can. I have a snapfish account with an album of the ongoing progress. I will provide a link to that.

scarymary is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2010, 07:14 AM   #3
Lic. Builder/GC/Remodeler

Greetings and Welcome.
AtlanticWBConst. is offline   Reply With Quote