Go Back   DIY Chatroom Home Improvement Forum > Community > Introductions

CLICK HERE AND JOIN OUR COMMUNITY TODAY...IT'S FREE!

Old 03-19-2013, 11:29 AM   #1

Share |

Recently became a first time home owner

Hello -

I find myself always looking for more knowlege and know-how. I recently aquired my first property that I can call my own... Well I suppose the bank still owns most of it, but I can pretend. Nonetheless, I still find myself with big plans and aspirations. My background does not support doing it myself, though I hope to learn as much as possible. I am lucky enough to know a few folks who can help me along the way.

I envision such projects as repainting my vintage metal cabs in the kitchen, adding a backsplash, swapping out the sinks in the bathrooms (currently pedestals) and highest on my priority list, adding a shed.

I am a firm believer that through the internet and research one is able to expand their knowledge greatly, but only through doing is one able to become an expert. In the field of DIY, I believe this is the case as well, but is something that I may never be able to accomplish, but I will give it a go and hopefully not screw anything up too bad.

splintner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2013, 12:21 PM   #2

Welcome! And congrats on being a new homeowner (my wife and I became 1st timers just over a year ago). You will definitely find help on here. There is a vast wealth of info on this board.

And once you start digging through your house, you will find all kinds of things that will need (or you want) to change. You will also probably find previous work done that will make you scratch your head and go "huh??" or "what were they thinking???". I had drunken monkeys work on our house before we got it. Good luck and have fun.

Centex2011 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2013, 12:24 PM   #3

I find the unknown of the new house both exciting and scary!
splintner is offline   Reply With Quote