DIY Home Improvement Forum banner

nosey rosey

595 views 4 replies 4 participants last post by  oh'mike 
#1 ·
Hello,
I am a trustee in a condominium in Massachusetts, have no construction experience. From time to time I ask questions about various projects that need to be addressed in our community. I am curious as to who should be doing the work. Handyman or licenced contractors experienced in the trade. Hoping that some of the forums on this site could give me an idea of cost and who should be doing the work etc. and understanding the scope of the work. And this is why I am nosey Rosie.

#2 ·
DIY forum which in a common space is not good. If I where on the board of a condo association I would be looking for bids from qualified contractors for the trade(s) concerned. Not sure about MA but in CT any renovation or other contractor who works on property needs to at least be registered with state. As far as I am concerned any work done on a condo common property would need to pull permits which means he needs to be licensed in the trade. Anything else is just open up the liability door for boar members and members of the association. Handyman might be ok for fixing doors, painting etc but any thing involving plumbing, roofing, electrical or structural should be done by licensed contractors.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.