Go Back   DIY Chatroom Home Improvement Forum > Community > Introductions

CLICK HERE AND JOIN OUR COMMUNITY TODAY...IT'S FREE!

Old 12-25-2011, 09:12 PM   #1

Rewards Points: 250

No longer lurking

Well I've been lurking around these forums absorbing information for quite awhile, but I figure that I should properly introduce myself. I recently purchased my first house, which had a few things that needed fixing. And of course, once you start looking you always find other things that really need to be fixed sooner rather than later, i.e. .

Now I hadn't had a chance to do much DIY work before, but I'm sure enjoying it. With the help of this forum, and many other sites I've already tackled a number of projects, and am now in the midst of a few major ones (rewiring the house). Then of course I'll have to face the hardest project of all, deciding which color I want to paint the place.

a_lost_shadow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2011, 09:46 PM   #2
Crusty Old Dude

Rewards Points: 75

No longer lurking

welcome to the forum. I really hope you intend to fix what you are showing in that pic. Those wires need to be inside a junction box. I am going to take a guess here and say that you put that up to show what you are fixing, and not the work you have done so far. Be safe and have fun with it,

Old 12-25-2011, 10:09 PM   #3

Rewards Points: 250

No longer lurking

Oh yeah, that's been fixed already. I have this strange concept that 99% of the codes are there to make my house safer (with the final 1% being California energy efficiency oddities) and the corresponding desire to do everything up to code. So after taking that picture, the first thing I did was disconnect that branch at the next junction box until I could fix it properly. For kickers, that was also 14 guage wire on a 20 amp breaker. Unfortunately, I was in a hurry, and didn't get a picture, when I fixed the other one like this where they had made the connections inside a unattached junction box that was floating over the installed junction box.
a_lost_shadow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2011, 06:56 AM   #4
Lic. Builder/GC/Remodeler

Rewards Points: 2,000

No longer lurking

Hello and Welcome to the Forum.
AtlanticWBConst. is offline   Reply With Quote