Go Back   DIY Chatroom Home Improvement Forum > Community > Introductions

CLICK HERE AND JOIN OUR COMMUNITY TODAY...IT'S FREE!

Old 08-24-2009, 12:34 PM   #1

Share |

Newbie thinking about finishing his basement

Hello,

I found this site while searching for information on how to finish my basement. My wife and I recently had twins in addition to our son and we desperately need more space. I realize now it was a mistake to try and save money by not getting basement finished while house was being built.

My experience level is beginner when it comes to woodwork but I'll try anything. Thanks again and I look forward to reading information on how to go about finishing my basement.

dewilliams07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2009, 08:38 AM   #2

Welcome to DIY chatroom. We have an abundance of folks with plenty of basement finishing experience and advice. Just ask a lot of questions and it'll go fine!!

Termite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2009, 12:35 PM   #3

Okay, there definitely seems to be a lot of information out here about how to fiinsih a basement. My problem is I don't know where to begin. So far I've begun looking at the process to obtain a building permit. The guy that I spoke to at the bureau of buildings told me to sketch out my basement. Is there any free software out there that anyone would recommend? Or should I pay a professional to do it. I saw a post about using a product by Google called SketchUp, but it didn't appear to be very user friendly. Any help is greatly appreciated.
dewilliams07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2009, 12:59 PM   #4
Newbie Bill

Here is the link to Sketchup. Some guys can do amazing things with this. It may take you a little time to complete what you want but it will do the trick for what you need it.

http://sketchup.google.com/

A DIY Noob that knows just enough to be dangerous.
drtbk4ever is offline   Reply With Quote