Go Back   DIY Chatroom Home Improvement Forum > Community > Introductions

CLICK HERE AND JOIN OUR COMMUNITY TODAY...IT'S FREE!

Old 01-26-2008, 12:20 AM   #1

Rewards Points: 10
Smile

Newbie Here

Hi, I am happy I found this site. In a couple of months I will be moving from Pembroke Pines FL to Doerun, Ga. The house is out in the country, it was built in 1905 and has been in my family since 'they' built it. It is your basic country home, nothing special for that time, a roof, a few rooms, many changes over the years with none of them done by a professional, they just did what they had to do. Anyway, it is livable but it definitely needs some work... and to be honest I have no idea what I am doing. So I am looking for a bit of education on what I should do first, what is the thing I need to do called, what is a reasonable price, how to find a competent, reliable contractor, and all that good stuff.

So, at this point I am simply gathering information, sketching on paper, thinking about it all, dreaming and just trying to get a grip on the many 'projects ahead'. I appreciate your input and look forward to discussing various parts of my old home/new home project.

Carol A

CarolA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2008, 09:15 AM   #2
Lic. Builder/GC/Remodeler

Rewards Points: 2,000

Newbie Here

Hi Carol,

Welcome to the site. Good luck on your move and re-settling.

Gathering information is a key point to doing improvements correctly.

AtlanticWBConst. is offline   Reply With Quote