Go Back   DIY Chatroom Home Improvement Forum > Community > Introductions

CLICK HERE AND JOIN OUR COMMUNITY TODAY...IT'S FREE!

Old 09-12-2010, 06:12 PM   #1

Rewards Points: 10

Newbie to forum

Hi everyone,

Just an average DIY female who finds home repair/maintenance a fun challenge. Have a place in NH and ME, which keeps me busy with plenty of challenges from previous half ?x&@#% work done. One area I stay away from is electrical. My youngest is majoring in Electrical Engineering and will graduate soon enough, so I can wait. The oldest is majoring in Chemical Engineering, hhmmmm, not sure how this could help me around the house yet.

DIYchix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2010, 07:32 PM   #2
nap
You talking to me?

Rewards Points: 2,000

Newbie to forum

Quote:
Originally Posted by DIYchix View Post
My youngest is majoring in Electrical Engineering and will graduate soon enough, so I can wait. :
sorry but the last person I look to for hands on electrical work is an EE. They may understand theory but they are usually the least knowledgeable about how to put that into practice, especially in the situations addressed in a forum such as this.

I think the chemical engineer would be more helpful around the house whipping of some serious cleaners for some unusual situation.

anyway, welcome and feel free to ask away. I bet we can even get you through an electrical situation if you are just a bit on the handy side.

btw; the comments about the EE is meant in the most loving way. I am a pro electrician and have dealt with some of the dumbest EE's in the world. That has tended to leave a bad impression on me.

nap is offline   Reply With Quote