Just a little intro: I am a howeowner in Montreal CA and like to do DIY projects provided they are reasonable. I have used this site before for a floor problem and found it very helpful - last year.
My question this time is regarding an electrical appliance.
I bought an electric outdoor heater. It's rated at 13A with a max 1500 watts. However, every time I plug it in I see a spark in the outlet. It is not fitted with a switch (which is backwards IMO - made in China), so every time it's plugged in it draws the full 1500W (or more I assume).
My question is this: is there an interrupter I can get for it so as to create a gradual draw when I turn it on.
FYI: instructions on package say it can be plugged into a regular 120v outlet. I have been plugging it into a dedicated outlet (on its own breaker) without anything else on the same and stll I see that spark.
Once its on, its fine, but I hate seeing that spark when I plug it in; it once even tripped the breaker.