Can't wait to meet and get advice from other members.
I'm a new home owner and trying to do simple repairs myself. I have a couple of questions about a particular project I need to work on.
I've been in my home for about 1 1/2 years. The ceiling in the den has "popcorn" ceilings and has started peeling. Not a huge space, but I have been in the attic to see if there may be a leak and I don't see any damp or discolored places anywhere.
What is the best way to fix this problem? I've also heard that I may need to have a piece of the ceiling sent off to test for asbestos. The house was built in the late 60's.
First off yes, have it tested but also for lead. If it contains lead or asbestos then you should not try to do it yourself. Asbestos fibers if breathed get lodged in the lungs causing all kinds of health problems. If it contains lead or asbestos let someone who is qualified do something with it.