Go Back   DIY Chatroom Home Improvement Forum > Community > Introductions

CLICK HERE AND JOIN OUR COMMUNITY TODAY...IT'S FREE!

Old 02-27-2011, 10:20 PM   #1

Rewards Points: 0
Share |

New Kid on the block

Hi Gang,
Im the new kid on the block. I have a VERY small shop area... its 5.5 x 8.5. My tools consist of two Delta Scrollsaws, a Rigid bench top oscillating/belt sander Dewalt cordless drill and my newest toy in the shop the Dewalt DW 718 Sliding Compound Miter saw on the Dewalt Stand. I used to have a craftsman table saw, but I sold it after it shot a piece of 1/8th inch ply back into my stomach knocking the wind out of me and leaving my entire stomach black and blue....lucky thats all that happened. I couldnt get back on the horse so to speak, so I sold it and now I have the miter for doing my cuts. The kinds of projects I am interested in, other than the honey dos for the wife ie moldings, fireplace mantle things like that are I am getting into cutting chess pieces and boards, scrollsawing portraits and lots of other scrolling type stuff and having lost my father to cancer back in October and needing to build an urn, I have decided that I want to learn how to make a urn and start making them and giving them to families that are local that cant afford a real nice one....dying is expensive how ridiculous. Anyways, thats my story I am new to the building aspect of owning the tools but am willing to learn. If you have any suggestions on projects to learn on using the miter saw I would love to hear them.
Thanks,
Dave

ImDave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2011, 11:31 PM   #2

New Kid on the block

Welcome to the forum, Dave! Helping others is what we are about, good to have you here....

Gary

Old 03-01-2011, 10:24 PM   #3

New Kid on the block

Welcome to the site !
Scuba_Dave is offline   Reply With Quote