Go Back   DIY Chatroom Home Improvement Forum > Community > Introductions

CLICK HERE AND JOIN OUR COMMUNITY TODAY...IT'S FREE!

Old 11-02-2007, 02:16 PM   #1

Rewards Points: 250

New homeowner in SE Wisconsin

Hi everyone! I've been doing various DIY projects for years, on all sorts of stuff, mainly saltwater aquariums recently.

A few weeks ago my wife and newborn daughter and I just moved into our new-to-us house. It's a 3-bedroom ranch style house from the 70's. It was a manufactured home that we assume rolled up on a couple trucks and was plopped onto a basement. All in all, we're very happy with the house.

The yard was one of the key points for us as buyers, as it's .75 acres and heavily wooded and tons of flowers/plants. (Don't even get me going on leaves from dozens of 50 foot plus tall maple trees )

The other key point for us is the unfinished basement that I've got big plans for!

I'm going to try to get a master bathroom down there (most likely a Saniplus from Saniflo) and move the master bedroom to the side with the walk-out patio door. We'll also put a family room down there with the TV and maybe the computers.

I like to dabble in Google Sketchup, and here's a pretty close picture of what I've got to start with....

And here's kinda what I've envisioned thus far...

I'm sure I'll be doing lots of research here, and bouncing ideas off of you all!

Pleasure to meet you!

Eric

perpetual98 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2007, 02:50 PM   #2

Rewards Points: 75

New homeowner in SE Wisconsin

From Wisconsin too!!! You picked the right place to pick up on ideas ect... I have been online here for the past week only and I find it to be a imformitive site for info. My material costs on a project like this run around 15.oo a square foot. You could probably push the materials down more but relalistic figures are 12.00 - to as high as you want them to go. I have done many many projects like yours. My last project was adding a second story to an existing house like yours. It's always fun to get averages to make your life easier for estimating. But you could always just break it down to every last nail to get the exact estimate. This is what I do best!!! I am sure that you will be getting a wealth of info here. How about the PACKERS......FARVE ROCKS FOR AN OLD MAN EAHHH........ SUPER BOWL!!???

localtradesman is offline   Reply With Quote