New Home Owner - Introductions - DIY Chatroom Home Improvement Forum

Go Back   DIY Chatroom Home Improvement Forum > Community > Introductions

CLICK HERE AND JOIN OUR COMMUNITY TODAY...IT'S FREE!

Old 08-28-2010, 02:06 AM   #1

Rewards Points: 10

New Home owner

Hi all!
My wife & I just closed on our house on the 30th of June. It was built in 1993. We are both disabled, she's worse than I am. We've had to convert a lot of things becuase of our disabilities & correct many mistakes made either by the builders or by previous owners.

Like, the last owners bought $300- toilets & didn't replace the wax rings, causing massive mold problems from the water always running into the wood floor. In addition, the husband worked at a tree trimming business & dumped all the chipped wood in the yard. We removed 8" of wood chips in the front yard & up to 16" in the back yard. Four of us working that day got lung infections from the high dessert mold & all the dead animals in the bark piles.

I spent 6 1/2 years in the Army in Germany as a Combat Engineer, then on to squad leader & platoon leader. I learned Carpentry, a little as part of my job, then more as a volunteer that went with German builders & repair people that worked with lower income houses.

Advertisement

BriSleep is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2010, 08:58 AM   #2

Rewards Points: 75

New Home owner

Hello Bri and welcome to the forum.
Thank you for your years of service in the armed forces as well.

Advertisement

gjjr2001 is offline   Reply With Quote