New Here And Thanks - Introductions - DIY Chatroom Home Improvement Forum

Go Back   DIY Chatroom Home Improvement Forum > Community > Introductions

CLICK HERE AND JOIN OUR COMMUNITY TODAY...IT'S FREE!

Old 01-19-2010, 12:22 AM   #1

Rewards Points: 10

New here and thanks

I really need to thank all of you that have helped me with my projects over the past few weeks.

As an introduction, I am a 50+ y/o female and am trying to do some minor renovation of my home to sell it. It is a fairly new home, just 13 years old but has become worn looking and dated. It also went through hurricane Katrina a few years ago in the New Orleans area but thank God no major damage so I was very lucky. I knew it needed painting on the inside so that was started, and it needs a LOT of cleaning as family has been renting from me for the past 5 years and I guess were a bit careless of the cleaning. (and I hate to clean also) I brought in a realtor who suggested some updates for the kitchen and foolishly I decided the baths needed the same. I had a contractor in to to some of the big stuff but have done a lot of the demo myself. Due to advice gained here, some for me and some given to others, my son and I have managed to demo countertops, and I removed the old lino flooring from my bathrooms. I have also patched holes in walls and did a great job of it. You cannot even see where they were.

Growing up with a contractor father I knew how to do a lot for myself but with Daddy dead I no longer have him to ask for advice. Thanks a ton for the service y'all provide as you have saved me a lot of money.

I am not done but hope to be finished in a few more weeks and may be here for a while yet for more info. This has really been a lot of fun and seeing what my efforts produce. I do plan to buy another home in the area I now live and I am sure it will be a "fixer upper" to some extent. Not sure my spouse is going to like that as he seems to hate the whole process.

Advertisement

Bevgo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2010, 07:09 AM   #2
Lic. Builder/GC/Remodeler

Rewards Points: 2,000

New here and thanks

Hi and Welcome to the Site.

Advertisement