New Guy, Old House - Introductions - DIY Chatroom Home Improvement Forum

Go Back   DIY Chatroom Home Improvement Forum > Community > Introductions

CLICK HERE AND JOIN OUR COMMUNITY TODAY...IT'S FREE!

Old 09-05-2010, 09:17 AM   #1

Rewards Points: 250

New guy, old house

Hey folks,

My name is Jonas, and I just joined the forum after being directed here several times while searching for tips and advice for my home renovation.

The house: 1910 New Englander (more or less)

The good: New roof, new gutters, new electrical from the service entrance in, new furnace, well pump, and pressure tank. There's more, but those are the big ones.

The bad: Almost everything else! This poor house has been neglected. The roof was leaking for years, and most of the plaster and lathe is soggy, so needs to come out. I had to gut both bathrooms, and am only now getting the second one up and working again. The list goes on...

While I consider myself fairly capable in the DIY department, my new home is presenting me with new challenges every day. I am sure this forum will be of huge assistance to me, and maybe I will even be able to provide advice and or assistance to others as well.

Advertisement

1910NE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2010, 11:47 AM   #2
bbo

Rewards Points: 500

New guy, old house

good luck and remember to savor each victory !!! it always makes the next taks easier.

Advertisement

bbo is offline   Reply With Quote