Go Back   DIY Chatroom Home Improvement Forum > Community > Introductions

CLICK HERE AND JOIN OUR COMMUNITY TODAY...IT'S FREE!

Old 09-11-2013, 10:43 AM   #1

Rewards Points: 10
new guy from NJ

Hello everyone. I own a small ranch house in NJ: 1050 sq. ft. I live there with 3 cats. I'd like to do as much as I can to improve the place, but the cats are no help at all in this, so I'm turning to you. I'm looking forward to hearing some sound technical advice from professionals, which I may or may not have the know-how to execute, as well as some common sense practical advice from inept homeowners like me (this is often in short supply in the mighty Tri-State Metro Area).

2 great things the previous owner did to the house: 1) used 30-yr shingles when she replaced the roof 15 years ago; 2) installed a high-efficiency gas furnace [simply amazing].

3 things I did and am still stoked about: 1) had new sump well, drain, and pump installed in basement garage; 2) ripped up carpeting and refinished the oak floors; 3) had 6 windows replaced with Andersen replacements [going for 5 more in 2014].

Tim McG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2013, 10:51 AM   #2
bbo

Rewards Points: 500

new guy from NJ

carpet to refinished floors is awesome. congrats.

And I hear you on the cats, no help at all. unless its to let you know they are a few nuggets short of a full food bowl.

bbo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2013, 10:56 AM   #3

Rewards Points: 10

new guy from NJ

Hey bbo, thanks for being there. I have no major projects in the works at the moment, but I have a few in mind. Hope to connect with you and the community later this year...
Tim
Tim McG is offline   Reply With Quote