Go Back   DIY Chatroom Home Improvement Forum > Community > Introductions

CLICK HERE AND JOIN OUR COMMUNITY TODAY...IT'S FREE!

Old 03-29-2009, 11:37 AM   #1

Rewards Points: 10

New to the forum fixing my money pit

Well I bought a 1978 house in 2004 in PHX, AZ and it's turned into a lot of work. Itís in a nice area but I feel like I was let down by my home inspector. I had a slab leak hot water under the slab was leaking my water bill was over 250 a month. I could hear the water running under the bathroom floor. The pool had a pipe leak also I had to have the whole pool rebuilt. Now I found a leak in the flat roofs but I keep working on fixing everything. The slab leak I fixed myself by running a pipe up in the attic and over the plumbers called it a re-pipe. I called 4 contractors out they wanted 3k-5k at the time the 3k guys wanted to use something called pex not copper. One guy said Pex was more expensive then copper I found out later it wasn't because I bought the pex at HD and put it in myself cost $200 to do the re-pipe. The re-pipe required a lot of time in the attic and some drywall work plus paint. It wasn't that bad about 4 days of work. Water bill went from $250 to $60 a month. I just got down building a retaining wall out of concrete block and mortar. I learned always hire a concrete truck when you pour anything bigger then 1/2 yard. I tried using a gas engine mixer just made a mess and the lifting was back braking. This weekend I'm painting so I found this site was reading about how behr paint isn't any good.

kell490 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2009, 12:25 AM   #2

Rewards Points: 150

New to the forum fixing my money pit

Hey well goodluck with all your future problems, err, improvements. All houses are money pits are they not?

And yeah, Behr paint sucks. Wish I woulda figured that out before I bought enough for my whole house. Note to self: stop being so damn cheap all the time.

johnnyboy is offline   Reply With Quote