DIY Home Improvement Forum banner

New to the forum fixing my money pit

926 views 1 reply 2 participants last post by  johnnyboy 
#1 ·

Well I bought a 1978 house in 2004 in PHX, AZ and it's turned into a lot of work. It’s in a nice area but I feel like I was let down by my home inspector. I had a slab leak hot water under the slab was leaking my water bill was over 250 a month. I could hear the water running under the bathroom floor. The pool had a pipe leak also I had to have the whole pool rebuilt. Now I found a leak in the flat roofs but I keep working on fixing everything. The slab leak I fixed myself by running a pipe up in the attic and over the plumbers called it a re-pipe. I called 4 contractors out they wanted 3k-5k at the time the 3k guys wanted to use something called pex not copper. One guy said Pex was more expensive then copper I found out later it wasn't because I bought the pex at HD and put it in myself cost $200 to do the re-pipe. The re-pipe required a lot of time in the attic and some drywall work plus paint. It wasn't that bad about 4 days of work. Water bill went from $250 to $60 a month. I just got down building a retaining wall out of concrete block and mortar. I learned always hire a concrete truck when you pour anything bigger then 1/2 yard. I tried using a gas engine mixer just made a mess and the lifting was back braking. This weekend I'm painting so I found this site was reading about how behr paint isn't any good.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.