Go Back   DIY Chatroom Home Improvement Forum > Community > Introductions

CLICK HERE AND JOIN OUR COMMUNITY TODAY...IT'S FREE!

Old 03-26-2013, 06:07 AM   #1

Share |

New to DIY portion of forum

Hey everyone!

I'm Sean, and I'm from Charleston, South Carolina. I've been over on the Woodworking Talk forum for a while now, and have really enjoyed the site. I've learned a lot from that forum, and done my best to help others with questions every chance I get.

I have a background in Historic Preservation, and worked as a superintendent for a custom home builder/remodeler for a couple of years after college. This gave me the opportunity to learn about every single trade needed to complete a house from lot clearing to C/O inspections and maintenance. I don't know everything about any one trade, but I did learn a little about each one so hopefully I'll be able to give back to this forum as much as I take from it.

My main passion right now is woodworking, however I plan to have my house on the market within a couple of months and still have a long list of punch items left to attend to. I will also be looking at buying a new house for my growing family, and hope to gain some knowledge on what to look for, and most importantly, what to watch out for! I made the mistake of buying a home that was recently "updated" (my current home) and have been regretting it for the last 5 years.

I've spent thousands of dollars repairing or replacing almost all of the "upgrades" to make them meet code, or even function properly. I am determined not to make this mistake again!

Thanks for reading, and I am excited to start participating on this forum. I will do my best to answer other's questions first before posting my own.

Sean

captainawesome is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2013, 06:49 AM   #2

New to DIY portion of forum

Wecome, hope to see some of your post real soon.

joecaption is offline   Reply With Quote