Go Back   DIY Chatroom Home Improvement Forum > Community > Introductions

CLICK HERE AND JOIN OUR COMMUNITY TODAY...IT'S FREE!

Old 11-30-2008, 12:48 PM   #1

Share |

Merry Texmas!

Do it yourselfers in Texas! Over the last 7 years we have worked on our little ranch, clearing, building fences, picking up rocks, more clearing, more picking up rocks, building 95% of all all buildings. We love the diy attitude and the pride we get in seeing a project thru from start to finish. But as y'all know there are always more projects on the list when you get the ones on the list done. We have a website that we've put together to share with friends and family and fellow do-it-yourselfers. www.gsranch.com please visit and don't forget to sign our guestbook.

We have 10 plus projects to do, but they are on hold as my husband is getting ready to have back surgery on Dec. 8th, probably from too many diy projects at the ranch.

We are totally off-grid which we love. No electric bills, no water bills....FREEDOM!!
Happy Trails Down the dusty Road
Cowgirltuf

cowgirltuf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2008, 03:12 AM   #2

Merry Texmas!

I went to your ranch website and wow, what a fascinating read! I loved how you (I'm assuming you're the wife) came into the cabin, helped your husband advance from 2 years of washing with a bucket to building a sink, and made the kitchen the first fully-finished room
When you met your husband, did you have any diy experience or did you pick it up from working with him? I'm really hoping to start developing some skills now that we have a small home - nowhere near what you've done, but at least more conducive to diy projects than an apartment!

Asma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2008, 08:34 AM   #3

Merry Texmas!

Howdy,

I did have some diy experience, mainly because I grew up with 3 brothers and a dad that taught me a lot of different skills. But I also fine tuned those skills with my husband. I'm a quick learner and our neighbor is a skilled carpenter of 30 years and has also taught me quite a few things. It has been a labor of love, sweat and tears of joy every time a project is completed. We will be updating our website and love thoses who visit the website. PLEASE SIGN OUR GUESTBOOK WHEN YOU VISIT AS WE ALSO LOVE THE NEW FRIENDSHIPS OVER THE INTERNET! We also always extend a Texas Welcome if your ever going to be in the area! Cowboy Coffee is always a burner away as well as a campfire or a tour of the ranch looking for fossils, arrowheads and one of my favorites heart rocks. The diy attitude as I call it, is a freedom that everyone should experience just once, but I warn you, once bitten by the diy bug, it gets inside of you and YOU CAN ACCOMPLISH ALMOST ANYTHING you set out to do. We have called on our neighbor Dan many a time for advice and some neighborly help on numerous projects. He is a great friend and teacher and much appreciated. We love to utilize the resources we have on the ranch to do many of our projects. Cedar trees to us are like buffalo to the Native Americans, we try to use every part, posts for our fencing, branches for decorating and protection for our pet squirrels from the wind, mulched cedar for our plants and trees and to keep the bugs and weeds away, the list goes on. Like I said before our list of projects is endless but that is ok, makes life fun, interesting and very rewarding. Happy Trails down the dusty diy road,
Cowgirltuf
cowgirltuf is offline   Reply With Quote