Go Back   DIY Chatroom Home Improvement Forum > Community > Introductions

CLICK HERE AND JOIN OUR COMMUNITY TODAY...IT'S FREE!

Old 06-15-2010, 10:15 AM   #1

Rewards Points: 75

Long Time Reader, Recent First Time Poster

Hello all. First let me thank you for all the help this forum has bestowed upon me for various projects.

I go by Sweny, I have been working on and around houses since I was young with my father, uncles, and grandfathers. I have had some accredited training in construction, electrical and computer through either colleges or the Military. I spent 6 years in the Army National Guard and 5 years at a Community college, often changing my mind on major.

My wife and I moved into a Brick Bungalow near Chicago last October. The bones and mechanics are good, but it needs some updating. Current major projects are basement finishing, yard landscaping, and upfitting of older plumbing and fixtures.

I have posted in the electrical, plumbing, and landscaping forums so far, but before becoming a member I have read a little bit of everything this site has to offer.

Thanks.

McSweny1103 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2010, 01:09 PM   #2
the Musigician

Rewards Points: 2,000

I heard there was a murder in Chicago recently......
You wouldn't happen to know anything about that, would you? hmmmMMMM?

*grin*

Yeah, this is a great forum. It's been a real life/time saver for us too!
If I had to pay someone to do everything I did myself, I'd be many thousands of dollars poorer.

DM

Old 06-15-2010, 05:53 PM   #3
Chicago, IL

Rewards Points: 500

I'm in the process of writing an article about how to select starter homes (from the standpoint of evaluating physical condition and potential maintenance issuers) based on Chicago construction styles, and one of the things the process has done has been to reinforce my conviction that from this perspective Chicago style bungalows have a lot of advantages.
Home Inspections, Infrared (Thermal Imaging) Leak Identification and Inspection Services, Roof, Attic, Building, Basement and Foundation Moisture Intrusion and Water Leak Inspections, Troubled Building Consultations - Serving Chicago and Suburbs http://paragoninspects.com/
Michael Thomas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2010, 06:42 PM   #4
DIY staff

Rewards Points: 2,374

Those bungalows were well built--remarkable trim work. Glad to see another Illinois town here.-Mike-
oh'mike is offline   Reply With Quote