Forums | Home Repair | Home Improvement | Painting | Interior Decorating | Remodeling | Landscaping

Go Back   DIY Chatroom Home Improvement Forum > Community > Introductions

CLICK HERE AND JOIN OUR COMMUNITY TODAY...IT'S FREE!

Old 01-22-2013, 09:53 PM   #1

Share |

Long-time DIYer

Hello from the People's Republic of Illinois.

I've always been a DIYer, as it was the only way my dad did things when I was growing up. Now I'm stuck with it. I've spent some time in the rough framing side of construction, and more than a few years in all things glass. I'm now in the middle (well maybe not, middle implies that there is an end) of updating / upgrading my 100 y.o. Chicago two-flat. As this is the first house I've owned that is this old, I'm learning a lot, the hard way. I'm glad that there is a resource here for info all over the trades spectrum. I try to do as much as I can by myself. If nothing else, it helps me continually increase my tool collection with no grief from my better half.

I've already redone one kitchen, and I'm currently knee-deep in a bathroom gut and rehab. This one is proving to be more difficult than the kitchen.

It's great to see so many knowledgeable and helpful veterans of the trades. Expect to get some more questions! I'll be posting pictures and comments on my problems and mistakes soon enough...
Andiy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2013, 03:07 AM   #2
Tool Geek

Long-time DIYer

Hi Andiy, Welcome to the Forum
It is a good idea to include your location in your profile.
Readers are not going to remember that you are in Chicago
Also check out how to Post pictures in the How To section.

To add your location to your profile see more How-To

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

& Stay Safe
.....Bob Lavery
PaliBob is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2013, 06:26 AM   #3
DIY staff

Long-time DIYer

Welcome from another Illinois dweller!

Join right in----
Old 01-23-2013, 08:45 AM   #4

Long-time DIYer

Quote:
Originally Posted by PaliBob View Post
Hi Andiy, Welcome to the Forum
It is a good idea to include your location in your profile.
Readers are not going to remember that you are in Chicago
Also check out how to Post pictures in the How To section.

To add your location to your profile see more How-To
Thanks for the welcome Palibob. While I'm quite familiar with online forums and updating one's profile, I seem to be having some difficulty with this one. First, I was unable to register through my computer, whether using Chrome, Safari, or Firefox. I was eventually able to register only through the Android app. I can now Log on through my computer, but am unable to edit my profile as per this error message:

I'll send another message to the admins here to see what the problem is.
Andiy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2013, 10:46 AM   #5
Windows & Remodeling

Long-time DIYer

Welcome from your neighbor to the north!

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

HomeSealed is offline   Reply With Quote