Go Back   DIY Chatroom Home Improvement Forum > Community > Introductions

CLICK HERE AND JOIN OUR COMMUNITY TODAY...IT'S FREE!

Old 07-30-2009, 06:10 PM   #1

Rewards Points: 10

Let me introduce myself...

i am a 50 yr old female ex-construction laborer, i bought my irvington, indianapolis home almost 10 years ago, and i have been rehabbing it mainly alone and with the help of a master carpenter friend...the house has good bones--built in 1910, 1 and 1/2 story, wood frame...unfortunately, i was more into the decorative instead of the functional and in jan of 2009 had an electrical fire due to incorrect installation of insulation in attic area with knob and tube wiring(by licensed and bonded company)....i have since switched out wiring with the help of a friend and rewired my entire house...after the fire, we had to replace roof rafters and ceiling joists, but we kept an area in the rafters open and made into a cathedral ceiling---i did it on the cheap but it looks fabulous...i like to reuse or use materials in a nontraditional manner so i will proably never be able to sell but i love the whole funky,cottage,flea market, chic look.....i am going to need a new roof soon and am interested in metal roofing if i can buy cheap enough and help with installation myself--i am also interested in making diy solar heaters--i have been searching the web but mainly find items that are too expensive or too complicated---my house is total electric now with the exception of wood burning stove...no central air.....my biggest problem is i always seem to leave at least one small thing undone in every room(lol)

phoenix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2009, 01:09 PM   #2

Rewards Points: 2,124

Let me introduce myself...

Hi phoenix. Glad to have you join us here on the forum. Sorry to hear about your fire. I hope nobody was hurt.

gma2rjc is offline   Reply With Quote