Go Back   DIY Chatroom Home Improvement Forum > Community > Introductions

CLICK HERE AND JOIN OUR COMMUNITY TODAY...IT'S FREE!

Old 07-02-2011, 09:49 AM   #1

Rewards Points: 0
Share |

Just bought my first home, so I'm new here...

Hey everyone,

My name is Chad. I currently live in Louisville, KY but I just bought a house across the Ohio River in New Albany, IN. This is my first home. It is from the mid 1940s and has recently been flipped. I know it's not perfect. There were corners cut when doing the flip and the basement is in REALLY rough shape. I plan on living there at least 5-10 years.... maybe longer. One of my jobs is working on musical instruments, so I am fairly handy, just new to the DIY home repair world.

My day job is selling shoes, my part time job is fixing guitars, and my night time job is playing in a band called Rocktimus Prime. Playing bass is my passion. My fiance Katie is the love of my life, we are getting married in April and plan on starting a family in our new home.

I am looking forward to all the great advice i get from the DIY community. I am sure I will be asking TONS of questions, some may be pretty silly, hopefully some will be profound. I will try to be good when asking questions and include the area I live and pictures of what I am working on to make things easier on all of us

chadepeters is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2011, 11:59 AM   #2
Stuck in the 70's

Rewards Points: 2

Welcome!

My DH was born in New Albany. Of course that was a long, long time ago.

Blondesense is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2011, 03:25 PM   #3

take one room don't paint it just lay carpet walls ceiling floor ...and rock it..but seriously try to do one room at a time sleep on what you want and how you want it to look.. bang it out and move to the next and it will hold for 20yrs with minimal upkeep...check out the Antonio Treatment on HGTV the guy is awesome totally a rocker designer great imagination
biggles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2011, 02:31 PM   #4

Welcome to the Site !
Scuba_Dave is offline   Reply With Quote