Jack Of All Trades Master Of None...... - Introductions - DIY Chatroom Home Improvement Forum

Go Back   DIY Chatroom Home Improvement Forum > Community > Introductions

CLICK HERE AND JOIN OUR COMMUNITY TODAY...IT'S FREE!

Old 08-04-2008, 09:32 PM   #1

Rewards Points: 10

Jack of all trades master of none......

Hey from North Carolina!!!

I started diy in college, I was doing roofing and concrete work with some painting and framing thrown in. I started my profesional career as an electronic technician and have since moved into the role of Network Engineer.

I am currently remodeling my fourth house. The first was primarily painting, roofing and framing in a garage and building a laundry room.
Sold it and bought a REAL fixer-upper.

Second house was built as a hippy pad, had brown walls and dayglo moulding with black lights and all.
But the house sits on two acres on a very large lake, so was worth just about anything that I threw at it. gutted and redid the kitchen, converted a two car garage and breazeway into a livingroom and master bedroom suite. Blew out a basement wall and added sliding doors and windows then finished the basement. etc etc etc.

Third house was a colonial with great street appeal. Sanded the hardwood floors and finished/painted everything. Also added screen porch, remodeled the finished basement, updated the kitchen and totaly gutted and redid the master bathroom. Sold this one also and made enough to buy the fourth house plus remodeling money.

Fourth, and hopefully final, house is a contemporary ranch in Chapel Hill that backs up to city owned green space that can never be built on.
The master bath had termite damage so had to be completly gutted. The original owner had some "custom features" added, that had to be torn out. The kitchen is dated so that is also being gutted. So far I have about 90% of the demo done. I am hoping to get a general contractor to finish it, simply because of the time frame, I am currently living in an apartment.

John

Advertisement

gorf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2008, 07:07 AM   #2

Rewards Points: 528

Jack of all trades master of none......

JOHN,
Good for you. I know a number of people who are jacks of no trades which means they have to go into debt for many things they should have learned to do for themselves.

Advertisement

rjordan392 is offline   Reply With Quote