Intro. - Introductions - DIY Chatroom Home Improvement Forum

Go Back   DIY Chatroom Home Improvement Forum > Community > Introductions

CLICK HERE AND JOIN OUR COMMUNITY TODAY...IT'S FREE!

Old 06-10-2010, 07:40 PM   #1

Rewards Points: 10

Intro.

Hello everyone, I'm new and just joined, Name is Bill, and I am gutter installer in So. Fl. for over 16 yrs. Thanks for having me, if I can help with gutter advise, it would be my pleasure. Thanks again, I need help cleaning a carburator on a John Deer gas trimmer.

Advertisement

getrdone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2010, 08:02 PM   #2

Rewards Points: 40

Intro.

Hi and welcome to the site. It is very aactive and well moderated. I have a seamless gutter that sags in the middle. Is it worth my while to try to straighten it out and fix the drop on the hangers or should I just start fresh with a new gutter?

Advertisement

Jim F is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2010, 11:52 AM   #3

Rewards Points: 10

Intro.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim F View Post
Hi and welcome to the site. It is very aactive and well moderated. I have a seamless gutter that sags in the middle. Is it worth my while to try to straighten it out and fix the drop on the hangers or should I just start fresh with a new gutter?
Hello Jim F, Thanks for the warm welcome. I would simply replace the gutter if it is under 20ft. long, and is it connected at both corners with inside or outside mitres? This creates a bit more work if it is connected on both sides to scrape and clean and drill out the rivets. usually when the gutter is sagging it is because the screws have come loose, possibly alot of weight in the gutter, if you live in an area exposed to snow or freezing rain. Also make sure the "opening" inside the gutter for the Downspouts stays "clear" this will cause the overweight problem to re-occur. If you choose to re-attach the "Hidden Hangers" make sure you screw them into a fresh spot just an inch away from the original hole, so it will bite into fresh wood and hold solid. If I can help any further, my pleasure, Good Luck Jim.
getrdone is offline   Reply With Quote