Go Back   DIY Chatroom Home Improvement Forum > Community > Introductions

CLICK HERE AND JOIN OUR COMMUNITY TODAY...IT'S FREE!

Old 03-20-2009, 08:32 PM   #1

Rewards Points: 0
Send a message via ICQ to AGirlsGottaDoIt
Share |

I love being a do it yourselfer!

Hi all.

I have an incredible occupation that is also one of my passions. I'm a ZooKeeper! But that being said also should lead you to believe that I don't make huge $$.

Well, my moto is... If I own something I better be able to fix it! For a couple of reasons.... it costs too much to get most things fixed and also because I love fixing things. It's also fun to let all the guys know that I, a girl, was able to build a fence, deck, fix plumbing, irrigation, electrical, replace odometer gears in my car etc.

I get most of my info on how to fix things on the internet. I am a visual learner and pictures are great. I stumbled onto this site today and I know that it will help me a lot.

My current project is to strip all the paint off the trim,eves, facia, windows and doors, then prep, prime where needed and repaint. I've just read NOT to use Behr.... good info. Thanks

AGirlsGottaDoIt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2009, 09:12 AM   #2

Welcome AGirlsGottaDoIt.

My daughter can change her oil, do a brakejob, cut wood, drive nails, and she has degrees in both computer science and math.

This month she should be applying the finishing touches on her first house, and although I helped in some areas (electrical, mudding, finish carpentry), and she did contract the plumbing, she still did about 70% of the work herself - including all the siding, soffits, facia, walls, tiling, painting, and drywall.

So I say that you go for it, you can do ANYTHING that you want to do.

And you will get a lot of very good information from folks on this site!

oberon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2009, 09:57 PM   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by AGirlsGottaDoIt View Post
Hi all.

I have an incredible occupation that is also one of my passions. I'm a ZooKeeper! But that being said also should lead you to believe that I don't make huge $$.

Well, my moto is... If I own something I better be able to fix it! For a couple of reasons.... it costs too much to get most things fixed and also because I love fixing things. It's also fun to let all the guys know that I, a girl, was able to build a fence, deck, fix plumbing, irrigation, electrical, replace odometer gears in my car etc.

I get most of my info on how to fix things on the internet. I am a visual learner and pictures are great. I stumbled onto this site today and I know that it will help me a lot.

My current project is to strip all the paint off the trim,eves, facia, windows and doors, then prep, prime where needed and repaint. I've just read NOT to use Behr.... good info. Thanks

...........you go girl...............
yummy mummy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2009, 09:09 PM   #4

Boy! You're somebody I want to meet! I've always wanted to work as a zookeeper and I love doing house remodeling, although I don't know nearly enough about it and it scares my husband to death when I begin! I'm trying a closet fix now. No, I'm not in a closet; I'm trying to fix my closet! Stay in touch!
Chris
treblecat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2009, 11:49 AM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by treblecat View Post
Boy! You're somebody I want to meet! I've always wanted to work as a zookeeper and I love doing house remodeling, although I don't know nearly enough about it and it scares my husband to death when I begin! I'm trying a closet fix now. No, I'm not in a closet; I'm trying to fix my closet! Stay in touch!
Chris

you too girl................go
yummy mummy is offline   Reply With Quote