Go Back   DIY Chatroom Home Improvement Forum > Community > Introductions

CLICK HERE AND JOIN OUR COMMUNITY TODAY...IT'S FREE!

Old 02-11-2010, 07:12 PM   #1

Rewards Points: 10

Howdy all just a suggested introduction

Hi there everyone in DIY land I'm a newbie to the site just joined today. I'm a truck driver/ musician not super handy but enjoy learning something new every day. In the process of trying to sell my house. I found out through a home inspection that the house has to have the sill plate replaced (fixed). That is what brought me to this site. I was seeking information on the level of difficulty, approximate cost (I realize that can vary widely) , and approx. time to do the job. If there is anyone out there who could help me with this information it would be greatly appreciated! I realize that this project will probably need to be done by a certified contractor as it is tied in with a home inspection. I am also busy seeking out estimates and quotes. I don't really know how I will retrieve this information ,as I still have to a grip on how to navigate this site. Thanks truckerpete......My location is Pefferlaw Ont. a small rural town about 1hr north of Toronto Canada.

Hi there everyone in DIY land I'm a newbie to the site just joined today. I'm a truck driver/ musician not super handy but enjoy learning something new every day. In the process of trying to sell my house. I found out through a home inspection that the house has to have the sill plate replaced (fixed). That is what brought me to this site. I was seeking information on the level of difficulty, approximate cost (I realize that can vary widely) , and approx. time to do the job. If there is anyone out there who could help me with this information it would be greatly appreciated! I realize that this project will probably need to be done by a certified contractor as it is tied in with a home inspection. I am also busy seeking out estimates and quotes. I don't really know how I will retrieve this information ,as I still have to a grip on how to navigate this site. Thanks truckerpete

Thanks for that brother moving my last post to the most appropriate area (page), like you read in my introduction I've still got to learn my way around, thanks again DM talk to you later!

Thanks for that , I could see how that could become a problem as it seems that there are quite a few different jurisdictions enrolled on this site. I do appreciate the help as I am a newbie (just today) , and am still learning the site and it's online etiquette.

truckerpete is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2010, 07:52 PM   #2
the Musigician

Rewards Points: 2,000

Hi and welcome to the forum.
I copied your intro over here to the construction section where you'll be more likely to get answers to your questions.

DM

Old 02-11-2010, 09:21 PM   #3

Location: Minneapolis/St. Paul, Minnesota - Latitude 45.057 Longitude -93.074
Rewards Points: 2,068

trucker -

First, welcome to the forum!!

If you put your location on your intro page (amend the User PC) it will be listed so people get a better idea of the problem and possible suggestions since may posting relate to the location, traditions and climates.

Dick
concretemasonry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2010, 06:59 AM   #4
the Musigician

Well, sorry about that. another moderator moved the copy BACK to here where you'll likely NOT get replies to your questions.
Please go to the CONSTRUCTION section and repost your question there.

DM
Old 02-12-2010, 08:31 AM   #5

I copied the post to a new thread & renamed the thread:

Sill plate replacement ?

I think someone saw the same thread title 2x & thought it was a double post
Scuba_Dave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2010, 08:39 AM   #6
the Musigician

Probably.... I was tired.... shoulda done that.

DM
Old 02-12-2010, 10:51 AM   #7

Not a problem brother DM, like I said some newbie's need more time than others , If I can stay focused, I am a quick learner. Been a little stressful lately, selling a house and all that you know. It doesn't help when you get hurdles thrown in your way huh !!
truckerpete is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2010, 03:25 AM   #8

Hello! I am a newbie here too! And even more, I am a lady-newbie, trying to understand some DIY stuff, which is veeeey complicated for me, but have no other options as my husband is a sailor and spends 6 months out of 10 at sea... So please be prepared to tolerate with my silly questions!

Partizannka is offline   Reply With Quote