Go Back   DIY Chatroom Home Improvement Forum > Community > Introductions

CLICK HERE AND JOIN OUR COMMUNITY TODAY...IT'S FREE!

Old 01-02-2008, 03:45 AM   #1

Share |

House Doc

Hey Guys (and Gals)
I'm new to this forum, but far from new to a lot of the problems and questions here.
I've been a Professional Handyman for the last 34 years. Got out of the service (Air Force) in '71 and went to work for an acoustical contractor (metal studs, drywall, plastering and suspended ceilings.) We made so much money for the boss in a few years that he and 2 friends went out and bought a horse racing track! Once he got to playing with his ponies he kinda lost interest in the business so we went from 22 guys on the payroll to 5 and that's when I decided to go out by myself. Started out doing tile and such and bathrooms which led to plumbing and electrical. and so on and so on...

Anyway, I've been doing just about anything inside a house for a long time. I try to stay away from painting and decorating and such but I can if required. I do electrical, plumbing, appliances, doors and trim, and just about anything else.

I don't claim to know everything or do everything, but "what I do - I do well, what i don't do well - I don't do!

I had over a hundred clients in the Chicago suburbs when I left (one that owned 15 homes (rentals) actually cried when I told him I was moving to Calif! Get your minds out of the gutter!!! lol And after 3 years I've built a decent client list here in Orange County. Most with homes in the $2-7 million range. People are thrilled to find someone with my knowledge and that they can trust. I don't advertise and the only way to find me is by word of mouth. ( It took a while to get enough "mouths" to start making a decent living, but it was worth the wait.)

My opinions don't always match everyone else's but I DO know of what I speak! Believe me there is a lot of knowledge to gain in 34 years! And a pretty decent number of ways of finding out how NOT to do things.

I hope I can be of help in these forums, as I love to see people with the drive to do things for themselves!!

And when I run into something I don't know, even I will ask!!

Glad to be here
Johnboy555
the House Doc

Johnboy555 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2008, 09:14 PM   #2

House Doc

redline is offline   Reply With Quote