Home Wiring...some Plugs Stopped Working, Others Are Fine. - Introductions - DIY Chatroom Home Improvement Forum

Go Back   DIY Chatroom Home Improvement Forum > Community > Introductions

CLICK HERE AND JOIN OUR COMMUNITY TODAY...IT'S FREE!

Old 12-14-2011, 04:48 PM   #1

Rewards Points: 10

Home wiring...some plugs stopped working, others are fine.

My stepson tried to turn on the Christmas lights, said they went pop. Now the one outside plug doesn't work as well as the 2 in the master bathroom on the opposite side of the house. Can anyone help me, I dont know what is wrong?

Advertisement

crazyordeal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2011, 05:00 PM   #2

Rewards Points: 250

Quote:
Originally Posted by crazyordeal View Post
My stepson tried to turn on the Christmas lights, said they went pop. Now the one outside plug doesn't work as well as the 2 in the master bathroom on the opposite side of the house. Can anyone help me, I dont know what is wrong?
Sounds like you either tripped a breaker or a GFCI protecting part of that circuit. Start by checking the bathroom and see if either outlet is GFCI receptacle that needs to be reset. If that doesn't work, check your breakers and see if any of them tripped (keep in mind that a tripped breaker will not spring all the way to the "off" position; you will probably need to switch the breaker off and then back on).

Advertisement

clashley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2011, 05:12 PM   #3

Rewards Points: 10

I actually did true all of those suggestions, no grci in the bathroom, and just to make sure I reset every one in the house I found, as well as flipping the breakers several times
crazyordeal is offline   Reply With Quote