Forums | Home Repair | Home Improvement | Painting | Interior Decorating | Remodeling | Landscaping

Go Back   DIY Chatroom Home Improvement Forum > Community > Introductions

CLICK HERE AND JOIN OUR COMMUNITY TODAY...IT'S FREE!

Old 02-17-2009, 02:59 AM   #1

Share |

Hi from Wisconsin

My name is Tansy51. My husband & I live in WI. We built a home about 3 years ago, this ended up being the retirement home we planned on building someday. We had a house fire, ended up tearing down due to extensive smoke & water damage, mold throughout, and asbestos. We have been DIYers for over 20 some years but still need help. We are in the process of finishing our basement -- which is something we did not have before. We want to make it type of recreational room with a hot tub, exercise area, lounging, and all around hang out. We have the put the hot tub in, but have not started it yet. We also have a roughed in 3/4 bathroom that is functional but no finished walls. Any help you could provide us would be greatly appreciated. We need to install a vapor barrier, does anyone have any suggestions? We want to make sure that there is no problem with the possibly of mold in the basement with the hot tub. We have already installed some good exhaust fans above the hot tub and in the bathroom. We have also bought the paperless mold and mildew resistant sheetrock to put around the hot tub area and in the bathroom, and plan to put unfinished cedar around the hot tub and above it on the ceiling. If anyone can give us some useful and practical suggestions with our endeavors, we would appreciate it. Tansy 51.

tansy51 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2009, 02:36 PM   #2

Hi from Wisconsin

Welcome to the DIYChatroom!! I'm sure you'll get some awesome help here. Just make sure to post these questions each in their appropriate subject area.

perpetualjon is offline   Reply With Quote