DIY Chatroom Home Improvement Forum

DIY Chatroom Home Improvement Forum (
-   Introductions (
-   -   Hi. I do everything..but.. (

ThorsgaardFoundry 10-15-2006 11:02 AM

Hi. I do everything..but..
Mostly, as a hobby, I cast.
I was looking for Flexible Yellow Propane Line on Google and it brought me here, so I registered. (I'm hooking up a big Reznor hanging furnace in my shop/foundry).

Will continue reading some posts, but looks more like a HOME DIY forum.. Doesn't look like there's any real interest in casting, metalwork, or Building shop tools and equipment.., but I'll lurk..

majakdragon 10-15-2006 11:31 AM

Although this is "basically" a home repair Forum, there are experts here that do commercial work also. You really should post in the Plumbing section for more answers. Not sure what type "flexible" gas line you are referring to. There is flex line for underground use and coated flex line for hooking up appliances that is metal underneath. Most interior gas service lines are hardpiped.

ThorsgaardFoundry 10-15-2006 11:32 PM

Yeah, uh, I know.. plumbing. I was just sayin' Google brought me here, and why Google brought me here. That is all.

mdshunk 10-16-2006 12:15 AM

Often called "trac pipe", the real name is CSST (corrugated stainless steel tubing). Last I knew, you need to take a little class and get a certification card before the supply house is permitted (by the manufacturers of the stuff, not the government) to sell you pipe and fittings.

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 12:59 PM.

vBulletin Security provided by vBSecurity v2.2.2 (Pro) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2017 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.
User Alert System provided by Advanced User Tagging (Pro) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2017 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.

Search Engine Friendly URLs by vBSEO 3.6.1