Go Back   DIY Chatroom Home Improvement Forum > Community > Introductions

CLICK HERE AND JOIN OUR COMMUNITY TODAY...IT'S FREE!

Old 10-15-2008, 10:46 PM   #1
bobbietwin2

Share |

Hi from Georgia

Hi, thought I'd jump in this group and get some ideas. First of all I live in SE Georgia on 5 acres. My hubbie is retired Navy. We are 63 (almost 64)!We have 17 chickens. hmmm fresh eggs. Trying to raise our own produce organically. 3 cats. We live in a 1994 Horton dblwide mobile home. It is in need of some maintenance, plus my sister is going to be moving in with us next month and we are planning on making the two bedrooms on the opposite end into a masterbedroom suite for her. Yipes. lot of work. We also want to move the w/d into our masterbedroom bath, where the shower is now, relocate the shower to the other end of the room. Then one day do the kitchen! Has anyone out there done any remodeling on a mobile home? One thing I want to do soon is the ceiling. I hate it! They did it with all these little spikes and I have cut myself on it before. How do I go about redoing it? Sand it down? Then what? Paint it? Ceiling tiles? As you can see we have a lot to do.
We thought about a new mobile home but this one is almost paid for and it would sure be nice not to have those payments!

bobbietwin2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2008, 06:17 AM   #2
Lic. Builder/GC/Remodeler

Hi from Georgia

Hi and Welcome to the DIY Chatroom.

AtlanticWBConst. is offline   Reply With Quote