Go Back   DIY Chatroom Home Improvement Forum > Community > Introductions

CLICK HERE AND JOIN OUR COMMUNITY TODAY...IT'S FREE!

Old 04-13-2006, 02:29 PM   #1

Rewards Points: 10
Send a message via ICQ to R Parker

Hi..from Dad's understudy ;)

Dad passed away 3 years ago, so all of the repair chores around the two story house that Mom & I live in have fell to us.. Luckily, I'm pretty handy with a screwdriver & hammer, and can follow directions as long as I've got directions!

Hopefully, thanks to the internet and places like this...I will find plenty of good directions :D ! Mom's 73, I'm 38...I just worry about her health, so I try to do the 'major' stuff myself

Regina

R Parker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2006, 05:30 PM   #2
Home improvement & Repair

Welcome !!!

BASSMASTER is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2006, 12:37 AM   #3

Rewards Points: 25

In my family, I am the only one that can fix anything. Actually I can fix everything, but said it that way to illistrate that the others can not fix anything.

I NEVER wanted a son, and promised to place a son up for adoption if my wife had a boy. I got two absolutely wonderful daughters.

But they can not put air in a tire. I had hoped that one of them would show an interest in being handy around the house. But the case is just the oposite. Only my wife has some appitute to repairing the house but most of that came from watching me. But this is 1000000000000% better than nothing.

I am the only person in my extended family that can repair or maintain any type of equiptment what so ever.

I have no complaints about my daughters. at 21 and 18 NEITHER one of them has EVER given their mother or myself one moments of worry or despair since they were babies.

Why neither one can find the handle on a screwdriver, is the only disappointment I have ever had in them.

I have left instructions that any of my tools or such that my wife does not want, when I die, will go to my cousins husband, who is just like me. his daughter are the mirror immages of my daughters, but a little older
pawned is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2006, 03:13 PM   #4

Send a message via ICQ to R Parker

Only complaint Dad ever had about me was that I didn't clean the solder off the soldering iron after I used it!:D

Dad worked full time for South Central Bell Telephone Company and then when he got off from work, would come in and go to work at home in his electronics business. I've grown up around computers and electronics. I started with Binary & hexadecimal programming when I was 12 years old. One that worked for Dad taught at our local Technical College and 'unoffically' let me take the course at home. :p Of course, I don't remember any of it now...It's been too long since I've used it.

Love doing woodworking, crafts, anything I can get my hands on! Used to drive Dad half crazy tagging along behind him and getting in the way..but I think he loved it anyway. He wasn't one for saying "I love you" much, but you could see it in everything he did. Can you tell that I really miss him?
R Parker is offline   Reply With Quote