DIY Chatroom Home Improvement Forum

DIY Chatroom Home Improvement Forum (
-   Introductions (
-   -   Hi from Central Mass. (

Pitbull1783 08-06-2012 09:32 AM

Hi from Central Mass.
Hey all,

As the title states, I live in central massachusetts. My wife and I are fairly new home owners (bought the house 2 years ago) and now we are beginning to get into projects that need to be done on the house itself and the property. My wife and I are very hands on type of people, so we are not afraid to get our hands dirty but we do as much research as we can before we do anything to avoid getting over our heads.

My wife has no problems helping me out, I just have to explain to her what to do if she doesn't understand, so no big deal there. As for myself, been an maintence landscaper, construction helper, diy auto mechanic and I'm sure I'm leaving something out. 80% of what I know, I have learned from family/friends and schooling. The other 20% I have learned by doing.

Here is a description of the house and property:

Built: 1939
Type: small red cape
Foundation: fieldstone with full basement
Wiring: house rewired in the '70s or '80s
Insulation: attic has been done but nothing else
Heat: Oil and burner
Landscape: in very poor condition but the house comes first

Well, I guess thats about it for now. I will be posting an issue that I currently in the contruction section so look for me there to help me out.


joecaption 08-06-2012 10:03 AM

It's best for everyone if you take the time and go back and add your location to your profile. People will be asking all the time so it saves time.
Do not be afraid to post pictures with your questions, you can see it, we can not.

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 06:17 PM.

vBulletin Security provided by vBSecurity v2.2.2 (Pro) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2017 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.
User Alert System provided by Advanced User Tagging (Pro) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2017 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.

Search Engine Friendly URLs by vBSEO 3.6.1