Go Back   DIY Chatroom Home Improvement Forum > Community > Introductions

CLICK HERE AND JOIN OUR COMMUNITY TODAY...IT'S FREE!

Old 11-08-2013, 11:28 AM   #1

Share |

Hi All, Justin from NY

Hi All. I've been lurking here and reading threads for a long time. Finally got around to actually posting.

I've been building my entire life. When my friends and I were 14 we would take scraps from wherever we could to build tree forts in the woods (nice ones too, multiple levels, covered, etc.). At 15, I helped my brother in law build his home. At 22 I helped, my brother build his home. At 23, I gut renovated the upstairs bathroom in my parents home where I grew up. That project took almost 3 years to complete as I was living 2 hours away and was learning on the job. 2 years ago, I gutted about 50% of my parents home (old lath and plaster that was crumbling) and rebuilt it with new electric, drywall, insulation, trim, etc. I just recently finished gut rehabing my other brothers bathroom.

Now, I have my own home to worry about. Its a 1935 colonial. It has original wood sash, single pane windows which still work perfectly (except at holding energy in the home). It has the original wood clapboards and trim. It has plaster, but was applied over a product called rock lath which actually makes modifications and repairs much easier than L&P.

In theory, it needs nothing. But thats not good enough for me. I would like a master suite, covered porch, and dining room extension. So I am planning a gable end addition which will add about 300-400 sq ft and all of the extras I seek. You'll see me asking a ton of questions, Im sure and when ground breaks, I'll be updating the project forum.

JustinNY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2013, 02:00 PM   #2
STAFF

Hi All, Justin from NY

Welcome Justin, you got a beautiful home. That is going to be one big undertaking, makes me tired just thinking about it.LOL

Jim
BigJim is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2013, 10:25 AM   #3

Hi All, Justin from NY

Welcome you have a very beautiful house.
alexjoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2013, 05:29 PM   #4
World's Tallest Midget

Hi All, Justin from NY

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigJim View Post
Welcome Justin, you got a beautiful home. That is going to be one big undertaking, makes me tired and broke just thinking about it.LOL
Fixed it for you.

Mort is offline   Reply With Quote