Go Back   DIY Chatroom Home Improvement Forum > Community > Introductions

CLICK HERE AND JOIN OUR COMMUNITY TODAY...IT'S FREE!

Old 02-11-2010, 12:07 PM   #1

Share |

Hi all!

Newbie here. I lucked up and found this website and absolutely love it! You guys are full of information and I look forward to sharing info with you all.
I'm a grandpa from the midlands of South Carolina and have always enjoyed woodworking and various other types of DIY projects. I rarely pay someone to do anything for me, as I would much rather do it myself if at all possible.
Recently, my best friend purchased a Woodmizer sawmill and boy did that get the creative juices flowing! Since I live on a 90 acre farm and he lives on his Granddads 150 acres, we have plenty of timber of various types to saw and turn into beautiful pieces of furniture. I have recently gotten back into woodworking and purchased a few more "toys" for the shop. I even came up with a small kiln design to dry the lumber pretty quickly and we have some gorgeous red oak and eastern red cedar right now that we're playing with. Since December, I've completed 5 beautiful cedar chest and working on #6 for my nieces birthday. I have plans for new entertainment centers, poker tables, and bookshelves with the red oak once it's dry and I can't wait to see the finished product. I'll get a few pics of some of the chest to share with you folks in the near future.

james3838 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2010, 02:01 PM   #2
Contractor

Hi all!

Welcome to the Forum!