Forums | Home Repair | Home Improvement | Painting | Interior Decorating | Remodeling | Landscaping

Go Back   DIY Chatroom Home Improvement Forum > Community > Introductions

CLICK HERE AND JOIN OUR COMMUNITY TODAY...IT'S FREE!

Old 08-31-2010, 02:09 AM   #1

Send a message via Yahoo to pioneerurban
Share |

Hello from West Virginia!

So glad I stumbled onto this site! Looking to help where I can and hopefully get help where I need it.

I've owned (read: been working on) my house for 11 years and so far, I've replaced the roof with 30 year dimensional shingles, replaced the windows with energy efficient double pane windows and added shutters, ripped off the old metal siding and replaced with vinyl siding, replaced the gutters with seamless gutters, replaced the soffitt and facia, replaced all the exterior doors, built a wrap around deck, dug up the non functional french drain and replaced it and added new exterior lighting. For the inside, last year I replaced all of the old ugly soft core doors with six panel solid hardwood doors w/ antique brass levers, ripped out all the carpet and replaced with a much better upgrade of carpet, ripped out all of the cheap plastic wood baseboards and replaced with oak baseboards, ripped out all of the old ceiling fans and replaced with new, built a new frame and added six panel bifold doors for my closet, replaced all the outlets with GCFI outlets, completely repainted ceilings and walls. Replaced the original central brass tub faucet with a price pfister antique porcelain cross handle faucet to match the one I installed for the bathroom sink. Added a programmable thermostat. Added a deep stainless steel kitchen sink with matching porcelain cross handle high rise faucet. Added shut off valves to the tub water lines, changed the supply lines from ridgid copper to braided steel coming out of the floors. Put laminate flooring in the kitchen as well as a new countertops, range and range hood.... And, ripped out the laundry room and competely redid the drywall, ceiling and layed ceramic tile flooring and ran some additional outlets.

The biggest challenge was when my old 3 ton A/c unit died in July of 09 and my dad and I changed it out with a new 3 ton 410a unit and we put in a new 93% gas furnance which we also changed out the A coil as well. Luckily my dad is HVAC certified, so we were able to get the new a/c unit, a coil and furnance at wholesale cost... Which saved me a ton! And, by doing that ourselves, I learned so much!

Next project is to build a 25 x 23 deck that is going to serve double duty as a carport. I've already figured out a cost effective way to keep everything dry under the car port area, by using the corregated fiberglass panels and a gutter system.

Then this winter will be to remodel my finished basement.

Next year will be to remodel my garage and to build a oversized 3 stall pole building / garage for my toys and for my shop.

Then hopefully after 12 years, I'll be done!

Oh btw... HI everyone!

Cheers!

Tim

pioneerurban is offline   Reply With Quote