Go Back   DIY Chatroom Home Improvement Forum > Community > Introductions

CLICK HERE AND JOIN OUR COMMUNITY TODAY...IT'S FREE!

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 07-31-2010, 08:34 PM   #1
Superintendent
 
Mudpad's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: Middle Tennessee
Posts: 23
Rewards Points: 0
Share |
Default

Hello from Tennessee


I am a superintendent for a medium size general contractor. We do everything from public buildings to multi family residential and historic renovations/ restorations/ rehabilitation. Schools have been our bread and butter for the last 20 years or so.

After thirty + years in the trades, I know enough about everything to be dangerous

I'll check in here from time to time to see if I can help.

Mudpad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2010, 06:23 AM   #2
DIY staff
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Kane county,Illinois
Posts: 21,664
Rewards Points: 92
Default

Hello from Tennessee


Welcome,Mudpad---Mikeswoods (I forgot the password,so I changed my name)--
You will find some fun questions here---Mike----

oh'mike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2010, 11:51 AM   #3
Owner
 
LateralConcepts's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: Coeur d'Alene, Idaho
Posts: 998
Rewards Points: 0
Default

Hello from Tennessee


Quote:
Originally Posted by Mudpad View Post
I am a superintendent for a medium size general contractor. We do everything from public buildings to multi family residential and historic renovations/ restorations/ rehabilitation. Schools have been our bread and butter for the last 20 years or so.

After thirty + years in the trades, I know enough about everything to be dangerous

I'll check in here from time to time to see if I can help.
Mudpad -

Hey there! Good to have you. As Mike said there are some fun questions to be answered here. Nice to help people out where we can. I've recently started my business in Idaho, but always looking for ways to expand. How often have you found a need for a sewer or septic locate or video inspection during your 20 years of renovations and rehab?
__________________
Brad Penske, Operations Manager - Coeur d'Alene, ID
Lateral
CONCEPTS, LLC - Sewer & Septic Line - Video Inspection, Locating, Consulting
(208) 818-8241
Like us on Facebook!
LateralConcepts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2010, 03:45 PM   #4
Expert
 
Clankpot's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Posts: 28
Rewards Points: 0
Default

Hello from Tennessee


Good to meet you. Careful, it can be a tough crowd around here sometimes. I'm still new and have already had the experience of being "sanctioned" for sticking up for another member. Most of these forums are friendly, but be careful not to jump right into the flooring or paint forums. We'll be seeing you.
Clankpot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2010, 04:40 PM   #5
Superintendent
 
Mudpad's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: Middle Tennessee
Posts: 23
Rewards Points: 0
Default

Hello from Tennessee


Quote:
Originally Posted by LateralConcepts View Post
Mudpad -

Hey there! Good to have you. As Mike said there are some fun questions to be answered here. Nice to help people out where we can. I've recently started my business in Idaho, but always looking for ways to expand. How often have you found a need for a sewer or septic locate or video inspection during your 20 years of renovations and rehab?
.
Most large projects, even new construction, we will do a video inspection of the lines immediatly prior to turning the building over to the owner, just to cover our keester. Some municipalities require we make a CD of new sewer line to be turned over as public lines. Of course on some of the renovations we do, we have to check just to be sure if it is feasible to tie in to an existing line for 20 new condos in a building that has sat empty for 20 years.
Mudpad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2010, 04:57 PM   #6
Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: South of Boston, MA
Posts: 17,248
Rewards Points: 0
Default

Hello from Tennessee


Quote:
Originally Posted by Clankpot View Post
Good to meet you. Careful, it can be a tough crowd around here sometimes. I'm still new and have already had the experience of being "sanctioned" for sticking up for another member. Most of these forums are friendly, but be careful not to jump right into the flooring or paint forums. We'll be seeing you.
Actually you were "sanctioned" for continuing an argument by another member who was booted off by the OWNER of the site
This same member accused the people on the site of being racist...
...despite the fact no-one knew his actual race
Same member said one of his threads was removed within seconds of posting
....actually it was open for close to an hour & viewed by almost 4 dozen people
Same member went around looking for a problem...& was banned as a result
Same member complained 10-15 of his posts had been removed
...only 4 had been removed

So Clankpot...if you want to follow in his footsteps out the door
...keep it up w/ the remarks like this
Scuba_Dave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2010, 04:58 PM   #7
Owner
 
LateralConcepts's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: Coeur d'Alene, Idaho
Posts: 998
Rewards Points: 0
Default

Hello from Tennessee


Quote:
Originally Posted by Mudpad View Post
.
Most large projects, even new construction, we will do a video inspection of the lines immediatly prior to turning the building over to the owner, just to cover our keester. Some municipalities require we make a CD of new sewer line to be turned over as public lines. Of course on some of the renovations we do, we have to check just to be sure if it is feasible to tie in to an existing line for 20 new condos in a building that has sat empty for 20 years.
Great to hear! I'd definitely like to talk to you more. Perhaps I can give you a call this coming week?

I'm interested in getting involved with contractors like yourself here locally in Idaho. I'd like some information on how to go about approaching it. Whether it's new construction or remodels I feel a video inspection is a great way to cover yourselves. I've found brand new construction with broken or bellied lines. I've yet however to get a contract with any of the builders to drop a camera prior to listing or landscape.

So do you have your own camera and locate equipment or do you subcontract someone to do that?

If you subcontract someone, was it your idea or theirs in the beginning?
__________________
Brad Penske, Operations Manager - Coeur d'Alene, ID
Lateral
CONCEPTS, LLC - Sewer & Septic Line - Video Inspection, Locating, Consulting
(208) 818-8241
Like us on Facebook!
LateralConcepts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2010, 05:09 PM   #8
Superintendent
 
Mudpad's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: Middle Tennessee
Posts: 23
Rewards Points: 0
Default

Hello from Tennessee


We contract with someone to do this, Roto Rooter or any of the sewer cleaning services have the equipment to do this. Some of our plumbing subcontractors have the equipment to do this as well.

When I do this it is my choice, especially if I know there have been problems during construction.
Mudpad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2010, 05:12 PM   #9
Superintendent
 
Mudpad's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: Middle Tennessee
Posts: 23
Rewards Points: 0
Default

Hello from Tennessee


Quote:
Originally Posted by Scuba_Dave View Post
Actually you were "sanctioned" for continuing an argument by another member who was booted off by the OWNER of the site
This same member accused the people on the site of being racist...
...despite the fact no-one knew his actual race
Same member said one of his threads was removed within seconds of posting
....actually it was open for close to an hour & viewed by almost 4 dozen people
Same member went around looking for a problem...& was banned as a result
Same member complained 10-15 of his posts had been removed
...only 4 had been removed

So Clankpot...if you want to follow in his footsteps out the door
...keep it up w/ the remarks like this
Whoa! What did I get in the middle of here? I didn't know my innocent introduction would stir up a hornets nest
Mudpad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2010, 05:13 PM   #10
Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: South of Boston, MA
Posts: 17,248
Rewards Points: 0
Default

Hello from Tennessee


Quote:
Originally Posted by Mudpad View Post
Whoa! What did I get in the middle of here? I didn't know my innocent introduction would stir up a hornets nest
No problem on your part
Welcome to the site

There are people who seem to just look for trouble
They don't last long here
Scuba_Dave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2010, 05:18 PM   #11
Superintendent
 
Mudpad's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: Middle Tennessee
Posts: 23
Rewards Points: 0
Default

Hello from Tennessee


Not me! I'm a good guy
Mudpad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2010, 05:34 PM   #12
DIY staff
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Kane county,Illinois
Posts: 21,664
Rewards Points: 92
Default

Hello from Tennessee


Yes.You are! Dave I'll vouch for him.(If that counts)
oh'mike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2010, 11:07 PM   #13
Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: South of Boston, MA
Posts: 17,248
Rewards Points: 0
Default

Hello from Tennessee


Quote:
Originally Posted by oh'mike View Post
Yes.You are! Dave I'll vouch for him.(If that counts)

Yes that counts

Scuba_Dave is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Hi from Off The Grid Tennessee Forest Breath Introductions 3 09-04-2008 02:01 PM
Tennessee contractors? TXV replacement Faulknertw HVAC 18 08-16-2008 08:00 PM
Number of circuits needed for a small kitchen? All responses welcome! alexz Electrical 5 04-07-2007 10:38 AM




Top of Page | View New Posts

Copyright © 2003-2014 Escalate Media. All Rights Reserved.