Go Back   DIY Chatroom Home Improvement Forum > Community > Introductions

CLICK HERE AND JOIN OUR COMMUNITY TODAY...IT'S FREE!

Old 11-30-2010, 01:07 PM   #1

Rewards Points: 10
Talking

Hello from the Old North State

My name is Christopher, and my wife Inez and I live in Apex, North Carolina, an outer suburb of Raleigh that is next to Cary. We have a 1.5 story house in a fairly new subdivision. The NCDOT is currently building the Outer Loop around Raleigh. The section nearest us should be completed in 2012, so you will be able to get from Apex to Research Triangle Park in about 15 minutes.

In light of all that, we are trying to make improvements to our house for sale or rent in the next few years. At the same time, we want to do projects that make living in our home more pleasant.

I am fairly handy, but certainly no licensed contractor. I am looking to do home improvement projects that make dollars and sense for our location. So, I am looking forward to seeing what I can learn from others on this site. In the meantime, I have started chronicling what we have done ourselves at our own small blog called, myhomeupgrades.com. Please feel free to post a comment there to let me know what you think, ESPECIALLY if you have done a similar project differently or better.

Christopher

P.S. So far, a whole bunch of folks have looked at the post I did about adding an external vent for our kitchen microwave hood: Vent Microwave Range Hood through External Wall.

Last edited by Scuba_Dave; 11-30-2010 at 01:29 PM. Reason: removed link
cjsnc1 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
apex, local home improvement, myhomeupgrades.com, north carolina