Hello! New and 1st time home buyer
Hello all! My husband and I are closing on our first house on July 19th. We purchased a 1 story bungalow, 2 bed, 1 bath, 1000 sq. ft. in St. Louis, MO. While it's definitely live-able, there are several projects we're going to undertake while we own the home over the next 5 years including:
- have plumbing replaced (still old galvanized stuff so low water pressure)- good news is that since it's a 1 story, all the pipes are exposed in the ceiling of the basement, shouldn't be insanely expensive
- have old cedar siding around sun room and garage replaced with new vinyl siding
- revamp the yard (currently a single woman with a dog lives there so there's a yard of poop with only ivy and big weeds growing in it)
- put in a new fence
- remodel the kitchen to include a dishwasher (new cabinets, self-tiling floor, possible a poured concrete counter, new light fixture, current appliances are fine except needing a dishwasher)
- give the jack and jill bathroom a facelift with new tiles, new vanity, new light fixture, better storage, and new shower fixtures.
- add crown molding to master and living room
- probably replace HVAC while living in the house
- fix up the porch
So, a lot of projects to undertake and I'm sure I'll be on here quite a bit. We're not fools thinking we can do it all ourselves, but we are decent DIYers and are excited to do what we can!