Go Back   DIY Chatroom Home Improvement Forum > Community > Introductions

CLICK HERE AND JOIN OUR COMMUNITY TODAY...IT'S FREE!

Old 11-02-2011, 10:00 AM   #1

Share |

Hello from Lancashire

Hi,

I registered to ask a question, which was: Where can I get a roller chisel? Also ditto 'proper' window putty, which according to the thread I accessed is made with lime and linseed oil. Haven't come across a window putty yet that said it was made with lime, only chalk.

About myself, well, I'm too slapdash and too time-poor to be much of a diy person, but I do like using lime, as in mortar and plaster, limewash turned out a disaster really. I recently found out that the outside stone work for my front room bay window was missing lots of mortar, including right at the underneath back of the sill; I mixed up a batch and caulked up all the gaps and hey presto, my inside wall under the window no longer gets damp right through when it rains!!!! Simple things suit simple minds. I may post this in the appropriate thread too.

What happens when you post to an OLD thread? Do people just find it who search on something?.....

squelch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2011, 09:05 PM   #2

Hello from Lancashire

Welcome to the forum!

I usually encourage one to start a new thread as the old ones are sometimes out-dated for information. It is extremely confusing, for some of us older ones here, to follow (especially when someone hi-jacks by asking questions ignoring the original poster).

Gary

Old 11-03-2011, 04:25 AM   #3

Hello from Lancashire

Hi GBR in WA!

Thanks, I'll do as you suggest, not used too used to forums.

Teresa
squelch is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
old putty, roller chisel, window putty