Hello. I'm Bill From Colonie, NY. - Introductions - DIY Chatroom Home Improvement Forum

Go Back   DIY Chatroom Home Improvement Forum > Community > Introductions

CLICK HERE AND JOIN OUR COMMUNITY TODAY...IT'S FREE!

Old 11-24-2007, 09:04 PM   #1

Rewards Points: 75

Hello. I'm Bill from Colonie, NY.

Hello everyone. Some of you already dealt with me in the Electricity section. Those of you that helped me out - thank you. I'm working on that problem first thing tomorrow morning.

Anyway. A little about me.

I'm 28 years old. I'm married to my wife whom I've been with for 7 years now. We have four children. Dominick, 8; Caitlyn, 7; Cameron, 6; and Elliot, almost 4. I also have a black Labrador named Weasely and a black & tan coonhound named Cooper. Pictures are available of anyone mentioned so far.

We all live in Colonie, NY - just outside Albany. I am an Advanced Chemical Operator for GE Silicones in Waterford, NY. In my spare time I do a little webmastering and I also own a general interest forum called www.s0lidgr0und.org. Feel free to stop by whenever.

Growing up I was able to learn a lot (not enough) from my Grandfather, who owned his own home improvement business. I'm pretty good at most facets of home improvement. A lot of the stuff can be figured out. For the major stuff I can't figure out I call in the professionals. It's hard to be a guy who has been around home stuff all his life and has to occasionally pick up that phone and ask for help.

Anything I left out, just ask. I look forward to exchanging ideas with you all.

Advertisement

s0lidgr0und is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2007, 10:37 PM   #2

Silicones in Waterford, eh? My father retired from there a couple years ago and I worked there a few summers in college.

Nothing quite like walking up those distillation towers in the lovely 5 degree weather of late December.

Advertisement

NothingsLevel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2007, 09:15 AM   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by NothingsLevel View Post
Silicones in Waterford, eh? My father retired from there a couple years ago and I worked there a few summers in college.

Nothing quite like walking up those distillation towers in the lovely 5 degree weather of late December.
Truer words were never spoken.

I'm on the brigade and I got to witness the biggest release of HCL that has happened in the plant in years. We even made the news. http://timesunion.com/AspStories/sto...date=11/8/2007
s0lidgr0und is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2007, 03:09 PM   #4

Thanks.