Forums | Home Repair | Home Improvement | Painting | Interior Decorating | Remodeling | Landscaping

Go Back   DIY Chatroom Home Improvement Forum > Community > Introductions

CLICK HERE AND JOIN OUR COMMUNITY TODAY...IT'S FREE!

Old 11-27-2008, 05:02 AM   #1

Share |

Hello to everyone... o/

Hello everyone at DIY,

My name is Shaun, I like DIY as means saving money.
I was a carpenter for some time, but for the last ten years I have been playing with moulds and concrete, not sure how this happened? and seem to moving towards roof details, if you are interested in how I spend my time, please visit my site below.

http://www.RidgeDragon.com

I renewed my own roof last year, adding new breathable felt , battens, and using most of the existing tiles, which were luckily in good nick. I also managed to drop a redundant chimney, and hope to use the loft space for an office space at a later date, I will try add some pictures on the my photo album

If I can help anyone in anyway, I would be happy to, and am sure I will need some help myself with future projects.

Shaun
shaunridgedragon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2008, 06:43 AM   #2

Hello to everyone... o/

welcome to forum. I am also new member on this forum,
money saving is good habit.Your first posting very good.

Quote:
Originally Posted by shaunridgedragon View Post
Hello everyone at DIY,

My name is Shaun, I like DIY as means saving money.
I was a carpenter for some time, but for the last ten years I have been playing with moulds and concrete, not sure how this happened? and seem to moving towards roof details, if you are interested in how I spend my time, please visit my site below.

http://www.RidgeDragon.com

I renewed my own roof last year, adding new breathable felt , battens, and using most of the existing tiles, which were luckily in good nick. I also managed to drop a redundant chimney, and hope to use the loft space for an office space at a later date, I will try add some pictures on the my photo album

If I can help anyone in anyway, I would be happy to, and am sure I will need some help myself with future projects.

Shaun
PaulAdman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2008, 06:55 AM   #3

Hello to everyone... o/

Thank-you for the welcome Paul, and welcome yourself to DIY.

My new project will be a wood burner in the fireplace, due to the credit crunch, and ever increasing gas and electric bills, which I am sure they just make the total figure up.

However, there is not enough room to get the flu on top of the wood burner, so will putting a large oak beam across the opening and increasing the height of the opening to make room.
I have not started yet, just like to think it through for a while first.
shaunridgedragon is offline   Reply With Quote