Go Back   DIY Chatroom Home Improvement Forum > Community > Introductions

CLICK HERE AND JOIN OUR COMMUNITY TODAY...IT'S FREE!

Old 12-26-2009, 06:05 PM   #1

Rewards Points: 10

Hello from East Coast Need help

Hello i have been in my house for 6 years its time for a facelift im on a real tight budget. Im trying to repaint my living room and familiy/dinning room and kitchen however have no idea on what colors to do. Is there anyone that could help me I can send photos pls help i want to surprise my wife with the remakeover for Valentines day............

Zena is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2009, 09:00 PM   #2
JME
JME

My first thought is that you might be able to get inspiration for a color from something you have in your home that she really likes. Maybe it's the color in a painting, a pillow, or a rug...whatever. Then I would go to to a paint store and look at the color cards. A lot of them now have cards that show 3 colors (the main color, an accent color, etc). If you could find a card that has the color she likes on it, you could see what other colors are paired with it and maybe get some ideas from that. Sometimes the paint company even provides photographs of rooms showing you how the colors were used on a focus wall, the trim, etc. Good luck! What a wonderful surprise for your wife!

JME is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2009, 07:18 AM   #3

Rewards Points: 500

while over 30yrs in the book of marriage doesn't come close to making me an expert, I will say that I'd get your wife's input before "surprising" her. It could make for some funny remembering times later in life but all the same, I'd get her to agree on the color scheme before proceeding with your project. Welcome to the forum and have fun.
Old 12-27-2009, 07:58 AM   #4

Sherwin Williams has a color visualizer that allows you to upload a photo of your room and see how it will look with various colors. If you can not upload a photo, it also sample rooms that you can change colors at will.

I agree with DUDE that you may want to get some approval from the boss before beginning. Maybe upload your kitchen photo and show her a couple of colors to see how she likes them.
AtlRemodeling is offline   Reply With Quote