Go Back   DIY Chatroom Home Improvement Forum > Community > Introductions

CLICK HERE AND JOIN OUR COMMUNITY TODAY...IT'S FREE!

Old 04-17-2010, 05:25 PM   #1

Rewards Points: 43

Hello DIYrs!

Hi.. Name is Alex from Los Angeles... actually East San Gabrieal Valley. I'm new to the board, but not a new DIYr! Actually I cant tell everyone enough that the little improvements that I've been able to accomplish on the house by myself has come from the photos, articles, research, and messageboards that I have found online over the last few years. I'm excited that I've found a board where I will be able to even extend my improvements, learning, and knowledge. Ive been doing projects around the home since my teens! It included tearing out a hot tub, sprinkler installation, and some landscaping. If they were done correctly or not who knows! I was only 15-19 then! Since then Ive expanded my knowledge and take a little more care and detail into everything I do.

I live now in a house with my fiance that her parents had owned. It is a 1956 single dwelling house in need of major repair, upgrades, and maintance. A little TLC...(a lot maybe). I'm hoping to make these improvements on my own, with my wife to be, (We will see how she handles a hammer and brush) my friends, and maybe a professional now and then. Im looking into framing in ceilings, window replacement/ installation, insulation, electrical, trim and paint. Exterior improvements including stucco removal, hardiplank install and veneer work.

Later on I will post photos of a bathroom reno that we had professionally done so all my new buddies can see the idea we are going after.

Its been fun writing this and hope to meet you all soon!

Alex

altc81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2010, 08:30 AM   #2
Lic. Builder/GC/Remodeler

Rewards Points: 2,000

Hello DIYrs!

Greetings Alex, Welcome to the site.

AtlanticWBConst. is offline   Reply With Quote